Friday 28 February 2014

Tainted love

Tainted Love  - an Invitation

So come to my cash point,
and push your debit card between my reception rollers, 
reveal your flexible credit card to me,
your red, growing and engorged debt to me,
and I will let you withdraw riches...........
plunder me to the full extent
of your deposit and credit limit, 
handle me until I bleep for you to withdraw, 
unless or until my Masters' call 
a halt to our games, 
and insist that finance is all about propriety, 
and stifle your lust with demands upon 
your property, 
and curb your excesses 
by calling me in, 
your once willing lover
to say NO, 
my mistress now is austerity,
no longer a whore to abundant fiscal growth
no more to groan under your insistent demands. 
You thought you were gaining more from me,
when all along 
my pimps are conjuring riches 
from your indebted embraces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment